5th July 2023
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Awarding Body: HABC
Part 1 will allow learners to understand the risks associated with manual handling and to make recommendations to manage those risks.
Part 2 will allow learners to apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everday manual handling tasks.
All staff which have to carry out any manual handling activities at work by introducing them to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and the controls that are available to help prevent injury. The course in addition will teach learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities with the aim of reducing the number of work-related injuries associated with manual handling.
- Manual handling hazards, risk and controls
- How manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- The scope of legal requirements and where guidance can be found
- The process for assessing manual handling risks
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
- Manual handling techniques - lifting loads from low levels/working at low levels/ lowering from height/ pushing loads/ pulling loads/ carrying/ team handling