28th February 2024
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
29th February 2024
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Have you recently started to manage a new group of individuals and want to ensure you do the right things and at the right time when they manage the business finance?
- Are you empowered to make decisions that run the operations of the business and help balance the books?
- Do you want to make decisions more effectively when you are trying to balance the books?
- Are you lacking confidence when it comes to understanding financial terminology - P&L, accrual, EBIT, bottom line, revenue, dividends etc
- Would you like to develop your knowledge of management accounting techniques to help forecast performance and support decision making?
If any of the above resonates - then this course is absolutely for you!
Delegates will learn skills relating to understand the terminology, realise the need to know the cost of things, how the business runs day to day, month to month, quarter to quarter then year to year.
Current and aspiring managers who would like to improve their knowledge and understanding of finance and financial management. It aims to help improve the performance of your organisation and the candidate by gaining a better understanding of finance and the way financial information can be used as a management improvement tool,
- Recognise and describe some of the common terms and jargon that are used
- Identify the role and importance of Finance within organisations
- Identify the elements of the Profit and Loss account and balance sheet
- Find out about the tools that are used by the external market to judge organisations
- State the key distinction between profit and cash
- Learn about the key techniques within management accounting, specifically costing, cash flow and budgeting
- State the contents of a business case and the methods available to appraise proposed investments