26th February 2024
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
The session aims to provide an introduction to the use of the DMAIC Problem Solving Process and the use of A3 reporting.
All those involved in Problem Solving within their organisations or with 3rd party organisations such as suppliers and sub-contractors. Quality practitioners, Team Leaders and Internal Auditors. Information from this course could also be used as an induction program and wider awareness campaign for the need for improvement.
- An introductory course to increase the delegates knowledge on the aspects of the DMAIC Process, its elements and requirements
- Examples of the key processes and documentation that is required as part of achieving thorough root cause analysis
- Understanding the links between the problem solving tools and processes and benefits of problem solving in teams
- Preparation and delivery of the A3 report to management
- Understand what is DMAIC and how does it compare to other problem-solving models?
- How to establish a project (problem solving) team and get the team working together
- How to develop the problem statement
- How to set up a measurement systems so that data needed to determine the root cause of the problem can be collected
- Use a systematic approach to collect, display, and analyse data to identify the root cause(s).
- Verify that the cause(s) identified is the root cause
- Identify a solution to eliminate the root cause and correct the problem
- Execute and implement a problem solution
- Develop action plans
- Use of Gantt Charts to plan the implementation and monitor progress
- Ensure the solution is robust so that problem does not come back