6th June 2023
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Promoting a positive climate at work for everyone based on personal respect and dignity is important in helping to prevent inappropriate behaviour starting. To help develop such a climate, employers and employees need to understand the key drivers of poor workplace behaviours and impact this behaviour can have on those around them.
Increasing our awareness about inappropriate workplace behaviour is important for all staff and managers. It is vital to get everyone thinking (and owning) the impact their behaviour can have on others around them and whether this is acceptable or unacceptable. This course examines inappropriate behaviour by looking at Bullying at Work, Harassment and Banter. It will also give you tools to address inappropriate behaviour at work.
- What is appropriate behaviour and does this change over time?
- Describe the 4 types of workplace discrimination
- List what behaviours are acceptable or not
- Describe your roles and responsibilities as a member of staff around unacceptable behaviour
- Identify what confidence you already have
- Identify ways to deal with nerves and self-doubt
- Describe ways to communicate more confidently in the workplace
- Why its so important to tackle this
- Whats acceptable changes over time
- The Equality Act 2010
- Protective characterisitics
- 4 types of discrimination - focusing on bullying and harassment
- Examples of unacceptable behaviour
- Workplace banter
- Case study work
- So what - how to challenge professionally
- Personal action planning