Health and wellbeing have become a strategic consideration for businesses. Increasingly organisations need to focus on both what they do and how they do it. According to the IOSH report The Healthy Profit, sickness absence due to mental ill health alone costs the UK economy more than £8bn per year. An organisation that is healthy and well is more likely to be productive, innovative and competitive.
Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing offers a fresh approach to health training. You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting the message embedded across the whole organisation.
Why Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing?
Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing is for managers and supervisors working in any sector, and for any organisation. It’s designed to provide them with the tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across their organisation. They won’t suddenly become health and wellbeing experts – but it will help them to become line managers who truly care about the health and wellbeing of an organisation’s most important asset – its people.
What does the business get?
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality-controlled by IOSH, the Chartered body for safety and health professionals
- Flexibility – the programme can be delivered flexibly so that it suits your business
- Efficient and effective learning – the basic principles of health and wellbeing are covered in a single programme
- Globally-recognised, respected and certificated training for your managers and supervisors
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies from around the world.
Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing covers…
- A healthy company and why it makes good business sense to manage workplace health and wellbeing
- Health risk management
- Fitness for work and the importance of managing the fluctuations in people’s health status
- How the promotion of a wellbeing programme can influence and add value to an organisation
What results can I expect?
Improved organisation-wide awareness of health and wellbeing, leading to a healthier and more productive workplace
Fewer hours lost due to ill-heath and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity
Proactive staff involvement to improve the workplace
Enhanced reputation within your supply chain
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing certificate.