|Name of Course|
|Core Development Skills for Team Leaders and Supervisors|
|The aim of this 2 day course is to equip people going from team member to team leaders and aspiring team leaders with the core skills required to effectively supervise the staff within their team. This course will look specifically at communication skills, motivational skills and the skills required to coach and instruct staff effectively.|
|Whether you are new to the role of a team leader or are just looking to enhance your skills and confidence as a leader, this course will equip you with a range of tools and practical examples to develop the core skills required by the modern team leader.|
|This course will give delegates a chance to reflect upon the challenges of their role as a manager, explore relevant models and use a number of self-diagnostic questionnaires which will increase self-awareness. There will be plenty of opportunity for discussion and the training will be a mixture of presenting and interaction. Delegates will walk away with new ideas and techniques to help manage and lead their teams more effectively.|
• What is effective communication.
• Identify good workplace communication methods and barriers.
• Define feedback and identify how to give constructive feedback.Managing Difficult People
• Who are we nervous about managing.
• How should we deal with them.
• Building your own determination.Coaching
• Why coaching is important.
• Who should you coach.
• Use the GROW model to coach.
|Format of Delivery|
|Advanced Supervisory Skills, Professional Presentation Skills|