4th May 2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
To develop knowledge and understanding of managing conflict and supporting individuals by developing a toolkit of effective techniques to de-escalate conflict situations.
Anyone whose role involves regular interactions with others where there may be the potential to lead to situations where conflict may develop and escalate.
- Conflict - Types and stages of development
- Common causes of conflict
- How to manage conflict situations
- Skills and techniques required to manage conflict - customer service, assertiveness, deflection and de-escalation
- Minimising the adverse effects of conflict
- Understanding and controlling your emotions
This course is designed for anyone whose role involves situations where conflict has the potential to develop and escalate. During the day we will examine the reasons why conflict may emerge and how to remain and take control of the situation.
We will look at the skills and techniques required in handling conflict, including using assertive behaviour, deflecting conflict and how to de-escalate the situation.
We will explore techniques on how to manage your own emotions when facing conflict and aggression from others.
The day will finish with some real-life case study role play exercises to provide an opportunity to practice some of the tools introduced during the day.