- 21st May 2021
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Attendees should gain an overview of importing procedures and the basic HMRC compliance requirements for calculation of duties and taxes. No prior knowledge is assumed. The course will include a brief summary of The Incoterms® Rules 2020.
The course is designed for those new to importing and for those who have some understanding but need to refresh their knowledge. It is suitable for staff from both small and larger companies involved in shipping/dispatch, sales and customer service staff, finance and accounts staff, junior and senior management and trainees at all levels.
This course offers an introduction to the terminology and procedures used in the importing process and examine the responsibilities and obligations of all parties.
- The difference between EU and third country supplies
- The importance of the purchase order
- The basics of the Incoterms® 2020 Rules
- Customs documentation requirements
- The importance of the tariff code
- Valuation and duty
- Available duty relief regimes
Venue: Virtual Learning Via Zoom