26th February 2024
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
27th February 2024
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
This two day course aims to provide supervisors and managers with a strategic and operational overview of environmental sustainability as it affects their specific industry work area.
The course covers the understanding of the strategic opportunities and constraints that environmental sustainability presents organisations; the importance of resource efficiency; the impact of environmental sustainability across the value chain; the impacts of pollution, prevention, control & environmental legislation in organisations; and how employees support sustainability.
This course is for supervisors, team leaders and managers across all sectors who want to oversee organisational improvements in environmental sustainability. There are no formal entry requirements.
On successful completion of this course the delegate will:
- Have knowledge and understanding of the main environmental and economic risk & opportunities
- Have knowledge & understanding of the main potential impacts on environment and sustainability
- Have knowledge & understanding of how to improve environmental performance
- Evaluate drivers for change and barriers
- Apply knowledge & understanding to baseline data to monitor and improve performance
- Apply knowledge of environmental sustainability across the value chain
- Demonstrate the importance of implementing resource efficiency
- Demonstrate how employees can improve environmental performance
Format of Delivery:
This course will be delivered face to face in a classroom. The assessment consists of an online 20 question multiple choice test. The test will be completed through the IEMA assessment portal and learners are sent a link. Learners will need a laptop for this on the day.