19th February 2024
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Anyone who is interested in or is going to be on a 'risk assessment team' and needs to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
Employers and the self-employed have a legal duty to assess health and safety risks. This course will allow all employees the ability to be able to contribute to the process and act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
- Main cause of accidents and ill health, and their implications for people in the workplace
- Legal requirements of risk assessment
- Principles of risk assessment including:
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- The five steps of risk assessment
- The hierarchy of control
- Risk assessment review and record-keeping